Founding Engineer at Freeflow
Nov 2022 - Current
Feb 2021 - Oct 2022
- End-to-end development for Freeflow, an enterprise, serverless voice conferencing application for remote teams. Implemented real-time user presence, screen sharing, multiplayer whiteboarding, and calendar integrations.
- Raised a $1.7M pre-seed round.
Skills: Next.js · React.js · Redux · TypeScript · Firebase · Google Cloud Platform (GCP) · Node.js · NoSQL · Jest · RTC · Tailwind · Material-UI
Feb 2020 - Jan 2021
- Built NMBO, a serverless web app to create and share checklists, using server-side rendering.
- Prototyped WhatsReopening.com, a serverless web app for listing and adding places, their current status, and when they are reopening during COVID-19. Data verified using
Google Maps API.
- Developed Cider, a web and iOS social bookmarker manager for saving links and sharing collections with friends.
- Skills: React.js · Next.js · Redux · TypeScript · Firebase · Google Cloud Platform (GCP) · NoSQL · Node.js · Tailwind · Material-UI · Bulma
Software Engineer at Alibaba
Nov 2018 - Jan 2020
- Led the end-to-end development for exploratory retail products from ideation to validation.
- Created Digiroma, an internal web portal for editing/viewing product information and visualizing data in interactive charts. Implemented RESTful API, live search, and role-based access control.
- Built Refinity, a mixed reality shopping kiosk that allowed users to visualize products in 3D and interact with them using hand gestures.
- Deployed and hosted tech demos in Beijing’s largest mall, interfacing with consumers, press, and executives from Alibaba, the Tokyo Olympics marketing team, and HSBC Bank to generate buy-in from prospective users.
- Skills: React.js · Typescript · MySQL · Node.js · Viser.js · D3.js · Ant Design · Unity · UltraLeap
Software Engineer at Beach Day Studios
Jun 2018 - Nov 2018
- Developed vCoder, an educational virtual reality game that teaches programming fundamentals using problem-solving objectives.
- Constructed a modular, de-coupled game architecture using singletons and event-driven programming.
- Won the 2018 Oculus Launch Pad Scholarship for innovation in design.
Software Engineer, Co-Founder at Dissonance Entertainment
Aug 2015 - Jul 2017
- Led a team of engineers, artists, and musicians to develop real-time multiplayer games, including Mind the Trap, winner of the Best Multiplayer Game award at Casual Connect USA.
- A/B tested features with players, constantly gathering feedback to refine requirements and drive product strategy.
- Generated digital content for social media to build awareness of new features.
Google Cloud Platform
How Two Non-Technical Founders Raised $2M And Started A SaaS Company. Starter Story. Jul 2022.
The future of retail is a seamless digital and physical experience. Retail Technology Innovation Hub. Aug 2019.
Introducing the 2018 Oculus Launch Pad Scholarship recipients. Oculus Blog. Jul 2019.
2018 Oculus Launch Pad Scholarship
vCoder was one of the winners of the 2018 Oculus Launch Pad Scholarship for "pushing the VR industry in exciting new directions."
Best Multiplayer Game at Casual Connect USA
Mind the Trap was selected by industry professionals for demonstrating excellence in multiplayer game design out of 50 international finalists accepted to exhibit at the Casual Connect USA trade fair.
Excellence in Leadership & Service at University of California, San Diego
The UC San Diego Department of Bioengineering presented me this award for demonstrating excellence in leadership and innovation in developing student programs that connect student engineers with industry opportunities.
MBA in Product Management & Entrepreneurship at Santa Clara University
Sep 2018 - Mar 2022
B.S. in Bioengineering at University of California, San Diego
Sep 2007 - Jun 2012
Demonstration of Refinity: An Interactive Holographic Signage for New Retail Shopping Experience. CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. May 2019.